I usually like to keep my “end of the year” posts very simple. I think my entry last year had a theme that went “so long 2011; don’t let the door hit you on the way out,” and if I weren’t lazy I’d go back to read it for certainty. Fortunately, I’m going to keep with consistency and continue my mantra of not reveling in the past. So here goes….
See ya 2012!
Hasta la vista!
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Now that the goodbyes have been said, here are a few things I’m looking forward to in 2013:
1. Getting back into the ITSM “game:” I’ll admit it. After a shooting star launch with gamification in 2012, followed by a slow fiery crash into oblivion near the end of the year, I’m ready to get back into the ITSM contributors circle.
2. Pushing mobility: I’ll be honest, I haven’t been very impressed with the mobile offerings out there in the ITSM technology space. MyIT by BMC looks promising, and I keep hearing about a native iPad app for ServiceNow (which is coming when?!?), but I’m still waiting for my Chanukah gift list to be satisfied.
3. Honing my ITSM skills: This one may seem more like an internally focused goal, but I’m selfish so I don’t care. I’ve recently joined the “Dark Side” of IT (a.k.a. vendors). While I’m ecstatic to be working with some very brilliant people, I’m also taking an opportunity to learn as much as I can in this IT niche we call ITSM.
4. More Chuck Norris Posts: Do I need to explain this one?
5. Being awesome: I personally think I was pretty awesome in 2012, but I definitely am going to push the bar of awesomeness to a whole new level in 2013. I bet you’re sitting on the edge of your seat, just wondering what I’m going to do. Since I’m horrible at planning, I’ll let you know just as soon as I know…
There you have it. Another “good bye blank year” post, published out for my 2 or 3 faithful followers to read. As I’ve written in the past (I finally did reread my 2011 post), adding another number to the year really won’t change much in my IT life. So bring it on 2013, it’s go time…
(If you haven’t figured it out already, I’m a fan of Douglas Adams)